Matt Johnson, Founder and In Home Personal Trainer
“This lifestyle change affected me so deeply that I knew I had to make it my job, so I became certified and discovered what I was born to do.”
– Matt Johnson, HomeBodyFit Founder and In Home Personal Trainer
- CanFit Pro PTS
- Certified Nutrition & Wellness Specialist
- Certified Fitness Kickboxing Instructor
- LdSH (RC) Armoured Crewman Military Veteran
- Fitness Kickboxing Canada
- Karate Kids Canada Instructor of the Year 2011
- CPR – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Adult, Child, Infant
- AED – Automated External Defibrillator
- 10+ years in the Fitness Industry
- Weight Loss
- Weight Training
- High Intensity Interval Training – Tabata, Gibala, Timmons regimen
- Circuit Training
- Battle Rope Training
- Strength Conditioning
- Core Strength
- Sport Specific Training
- Functional Training
- Stability/balance development
- Group Training/Bootcamp
- 23 minute plank
- Run For Wells 2012 10 km hills run – 4th in the 30-39 age group, 6th overall, 1st for Burlington at 43:23
- Mountain Man Competitor (31.6 km run with a 15 kg rucksack through Edmonton Valley, followed by a 3.2 km canoe portage, a10 km canoe paddle on the river and ending with a 5.6 km run to the finish with 15 kg rucksack. All done in Army boots)
- Frequent Tough Mudder Competitor
For more than ten years I’ve built my life around training both myself and my clients. I eat, sleep and breathe the fitness lifestyle; it’s what I love, but it wasn’t always that way.
For the majority of my life I took my athleticism for granted and didn’t support my body with the healthy lifestyle my activities required. This led to injuries and activity restrictions that eventually found me at a point where I was overweight and unhealthy. Luckily a diagnosis of high cholesterol changed my focus. I decided it was time to step up and take care of myself or suffer the consequences.
At first it was difficult, but as a veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces I knew that anything I desired was attainable with enough hard work. It’s not easy exercising when you’re not in shape (and I definitely wasn’t secure enough to work out in a public place) and healthy food just doesn’t taste good at first. However, I learned to look forward to the next invigorating workout and to crave foods that would benefit my body. This lifestyle change affected me so deeply that I knew I had to make it my job, so I became certified and discovered what I was born to do.
Forget about your personal genetics, eating habits, and current fitness level for a moment and focus on something we all have ingrained inside us that trumps any possible excuse. The human spirit. Once we decide we want something bad enough and we’re willing to work for it, the rest is easy. Success is inevitable. All you need to bring is a positive attitude, the desire, the heart and I’ll work my hardest to make sure you achieve your goals. By reading this you’ve shown a passion to change and I’m excited to start this journey with you. Welcome.
Dan CSCS, CPT, In Home Personal Trainer
Dan has a degree from McMaster University and the professional designation of CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association. Dan went to Pearson High School in Burlington and volunteered his time coaching the senior football team for 2 years. Dan also played hockey, basketball, tennis and football; however, playing these sports he suffered numerous knee injuries, which ended his athletic career. This prompted his desire to help people condition their bodies for life’s tasks and live healthy, pain-free lives.
Dan has trained members of U18 Canadian Rugby, Western Football, University of Calgary Basketball, University of Dalhousie Track and U18 Canadian Women’s Hockey athletes as well as numerous amateur golfers and city rep hockey athletes.
HomeBodyFit – In home personal training, couples and group fitness training and boot camp in Burlington, Waterdown, Hamilton, Milton, Mississauga and Oakville