Our clients are used to seeing Jump Lunges listed in their at-home sessions. They are an excellent exercise for hip flexors, glutes, and legs…and they require no equipment!
Incorporate Jump Lunges into your workout and you’ve got a perfect high-intensity leg circuit.
How to do a Jump-Lunges
- Stand with your feet together with your elbows bent 90 degrees (or on your hips, whichever helps you balance best).
- Lunge forward with your right foot.
- Jump straight up as you thrust your arms forward with your elbows still bent (or keeping your hands on your hips).
- Like a scissor, switch legs in midair and land in a lunge with your left leg forward.
- Land as softly as possible to prevent injury.
- Repeat, switching legs.
HomeBodyFit Tabata Jump Lunge Circuit:
- 20 seconds of Jump Lunges (slow/fast – go at a speed you’re comfortable with), followed by 10 seconds rest, repeated eight times
- Total: Four minutes
- These circuits are challenging. Stop if you feel you are breathing heavily (unable to carry on a conversation) and work your way up to the full four minutes.
For custom at-home exercise programs, contact HomeBodyFit