Looking to take a break from protein bars? Here’s a BodyBuilding.com recipe for gooey, soft and intensely chocolaty cookies with extra protein.
Double Chocolate Protein Cookies
2 tbsp cashew nut butter
1/4 cup whey protein powder
1/4 almond milk
1/4 cup 100% cocoa powder
1 tbsp coconut flour
10 g 85% dark chocolate Directions
1. In a bowl, mix all ingredients together with a spoon.
2. Bake as two “blobs,” or four if you want to make smaller cookies. Use a nonstick or silicone cookie tray.
3. Bake at 325 degrees F (160 C) for about 25 minutes, or until the cookies are baked on the top and bottom but not fully cooked through. You want them gooey and soft in the center so they’re chewy instead of dry.
This recipe is super versatile, and you can eat it as part of a protein-heavy breakfast or a filling afternoon snack—whatever you need! You can also use any flavor of whey and variety of nut butter you like. Not sure where to start? Try the classic flavor combination of peanut butter with Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate Gold Standard whey.
1. Combine the ingredients in a bowl and then pour the mixture into a small lined tray.
2. Pop this into the fridge or freezer to set, and then chop up into slices.
Add in some chopped nuts for an extra crunch.
NUTRITION FACTS Serving Size: 1 large piece Recipe yields: 9 pieces Amount per serving: Calories 166 Total Fat 8.7g Total Carbs 12.3g Protein 12g